NatKat Big Brother Season 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NatKat Big Brother Season 3

Prepare to be Enchanted

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final 2 - The Duel

Go down 
+11
Mulan
Neal Cassidy
Woody
Gaston
Dodger
Pocahontas
Olaf
Lady Tremaine
Scott Calvin
Boo
Emma Swan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Olaf

Olaf

Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:10:42

Quote :
even had a relationship with Olaf, which never occurred to me).

Not sure what you are insinuating here it doesn't seem very nice though. confused
Back to top Go down
Emma Swan

Emma Swan

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:17:50

Dodger and Gaston, in the spirit of having episodes start soon (I heard Winter is coming and no one wants to wait for that) I will ask that you both post your closing arguments. Tonight would be ideal as I am not opening the vote.

Jurors, you have 72 hours to vote from this post. I will not remind you to vote, we're all adults here so please vote or you will not have a say in the outcome. Please also remember that if it ties, the last vote received will be voided.

Once again, congratulations Gaston and Dodger. It was a well fought game on both your parts. Jurors, thank you as well for the time invested making this season great <3.
Back to top Go down
Emma Swan

Emma Swan

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:18:36

Vote in your diary room.
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:20:38

Elsa!!! Hi! Thank you for the question. I actually really wanted to explain to you what happened.

Elsa wrote:
OK Dodger. Why vote me out? You said it was me voting Olaf but if that was fake why use that excuse? Also my vote wouldn't change it. Also we would of been the only two boring that round so Mulan would of went.

I really wasn't sure if you would vote Mulan. I also wanted to gain a little trust from Queen Narissa, so devised a plan - and let her in on it before it was executed - to try to earn some trust from her, without putting myself in the position of not nominating her and needing nominate Olaf outright (I wasn't going to nominate you, regardless). I PM'd Narissa the entire plan before I even nominated her. I don't think she was happy with me, but she didn't immediately offer me apples, so I had hope.

I did message you, on our board, asking you to please considering voting to evict Mulan, but that I'd understand if you didn't. Throughout the game, I realized you were close with Mulan, or at least really liked her. And I didn't want to come between that. From a strategic angle, because forcing you to officially choose sides could have easily backfired on me, and you may have chosen Mulan's side. But also from a personal angle, I really liked you and enjoyed talking to you, and I didn't want to ruin that. Throughout the game, as I'm sure Gaston and Mulan can attest, I tried talk you up to both of them, to make you seem valuable to both sides, in the hope you'd be safe, no matter how that brewing war played out. My motive for that was more personal than strategic. Even though I was primarily loyal to Gaston, part of me hoped, weird as it sounds, you'd find a way to trump us and make it to the end. My ideal final 3 was you, Gaston, and me, with the secondary hope that you'd beat us. My reasons for that were really in conflict with my strategic game. There was a moment (not when I was nominated) that I was sure I'd be evicted, and in my Diary I posted that I was rooting for you and Gaston for the final 2. Don't get me wrong, you played an amazing game, and would have done great even without me (you may have even done better without me, given my alliance with Gaston and how that played into your eviction) - but I did try to help, even in ways I couldn't tell you about at the time (telling you would have meant outing Gaston and me).

Yes, the alliance with you and Olaf was both a fact-finding mission and an attempt to sway you both away from Mulan. But that doesn't mean I had any intention of targeting either of you. At that point, Gaston and I determined that he was probably closer with Narissa and Mulan, and I was probably closer with you and Olaf. In a game where anything could go wrong, especially with the ocean of blood we had created (we both knew if we were on the block, we'd probably be gone), we both kind of had our back-ups (I don't think we ever explicitly mentioned it to each other as that, but I'm sure that was in the back of both of our minds). If one of us was evicted, the one who remained wouldn't be totally alone. While I talked to Mulan and Narissa, I was careful to not trespass on that territory for Gaston; and while Gaston talked to you and Olaf, I get a sense he was careful to not trespass on that territory for me (at least after Olaf suggested an alliance that didn't include him).

So, when you voted to evict Olaf, instead of Mulan, it appeared you were closer to Mulan. We never expected Queen Narissa's vote to evict Mulan (we hoped for it, but we didn't expect it), so it was down to you and Gaston. Gaston voted to evict Olaf to go along with Narissa, since he didn't hear from you. You voted to evict Olaf independently, since it appears you didn't talk to anyone that eviction. You voting to evict Olaf independently raised a lot of red flags. It meant that you went against our "alliance" (which I was part of, therefore going against me implicitly), and it suggested you were close with Mulan. At that time, Gaston and I were trying to find pairs in the game - and you and Mulan looked like a pair. Whether or not you were, I don't know - but that's how it appeared.

When you were nominated, it was a difficult nomination. If whoever was left off the block won POV, they could save someone on the block, and I'd be the only replacement. Mulan didn't show up for the challenge, which to us meant she couldn't have won the POV. So, it was between you, me, and Narissa. If either of you were left off the block and won, you could have saved each other or Mulan. So, you were both nominated together. It turned out that I won the POV, so it was all for naught. But me saving someone would have looked suspicious, or like an attempt to get Mulan on the block, and Gaston already nominated Narissa *for my sake*, perhaps his biggest side-allies. He did that for me, so I couldn't screw him over by saving you (which would have been asking a lot of him when he had just done something great for me). Gaston wanted you to go, because of the suspicion - from the previous round - that you and Mulan were close. Since I had that same suspicion, and since you voted to evict Olaf, I had no argument against that. My only argument would have been that I personally liked you and didn't want you evicted. But that could have made Gaston question my loyalty to him, and I didn't want that to happen, since I was loyal to him. So, I voted to evict you.

I am sorry I voted to evict you, and part of me wishes you had stayed in the game, but I don't regret it. It may have helped Gaston and I a lot. And he knew how I felt about you in this game, so it reaffirmed my loyalty to him. And now he and I are in the final 2, one of us will win, and I'm happy for both of us. I am happy to hear from you again, and thank you so much for giving me the chance to explain.
Back to top Go down
Gaston

Gaston

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:20:58

Olaf wrote:
Quote :
even had a relationship with Olaf, which never occurred to me).

Not sure what you are insinuating here it doesn't seem very nice though. confused

I said you guys were great at keeping your alliance a secret. That's all. I meant that it never occurred to me you two had been working together, so nothing mean natured at all.
Back to top Go down
Gaston

Gaston

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:22:36

I'm at work, but I will post the closing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:41:57

Emma Swan wrote:
Jurors, you have 72 hours to vote from this post. I will not remind you to vote, we're all adults here so please vote or you will not have a say in the outcome. Please also remember that if it ties, the last vote received will be voided.

Emma!
Jurors: thank you for your questions and comments. It's been a fun game and I think we both really appreciate having the chance to explain ourselves. But while it's not my place to ask, I ask that you all wait to vote until both of us can make our closing statements. You never know what will be said or how it will affect your impression, so please give both Gaston and me that chance. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Olaf

Olaf

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:43:46

Emma do we need to post a reason for our vote or can we just vote once the final two are done?
Back to top Go down
Emma Swan

Emma Swan

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 22:11:33

You can add a comment, they are always fun, but not obligated. I do encourage you wait for the closing, but I still wanted to start the clock because I'd like to start episodes over the weekend. I'll be on holidays for 10 days starting Friday so I really wanted to get it done during that time.
Back to top Go down
Emma Swan

Emma Swan

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 22:13:19

Also for episodes, I might not do them on this forum. I will see how to go about it, but the quotes on here are ugly and I use quotes to do diary room entries and it will not look pretty like it did on the other 2 forums. They will not air on IMDb though. The risk of haters deleting them is too high and I like that on the forums, they are forever there unless I PMS one day and delete everything :p
Back to top Go down
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 22:33:30

Oh no...this game got nasty? Ugly quotes...Yikes...glad I was evicted early.
Back to top Go down
Emma Swan

Emma Swan

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 23:44:52

No Kaa lol I mean the visual

Here's what I mean

Quote :
Gretel's Diary Room

We are down to the final 3! I need to figure out if both of them will actually take me to the final 2. My gut says yes? But you never know. My day got away from me in terms of trying in endurance which sucks b/c on any other day I could've begun at 5 am and gone until midnight. Now I didn't start until 5 pm, but I don't feel confident about winning part 2 so ugh. I'm totally going to blow my shot of winning this game Sad

I guess it's not that bad now that I see it.
Back to top Go down
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 23:53:21

Oh...lol...after I saw it the first time and posted I thought that maybe I misunderstood. At first I was thinking...Damn, what did I miss!!!
Back to top Go down
Gaston

Gaston

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 0:23:43

Woody wrote:
Gaston what lies did you tell mulan to put me up? I talked to mulan just as much as dodger and I know she wasn't planning on putting me up.

Sorry Woody! I didn't see this. I am just getting inside my apartment. Anyway, I did not tell Mulan any lies about you. As I've said in my post to you, I just figured she would put you up based on your relationship with Dodger, and I also doubted that she would put a girl up (because of a girls alliance). Logically, I knew it was very likely you would be the replacement nominee, when I took Dodger off the block. It was a risk, but a risk I was comfortable with taking, because you were a threat to my game, and I needed to try and get you out.
Back to top Go down
Gaston

Gaston

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 0:24:55

Kaa hello! I'm interested in figuring out who you are. Unfortunately we were on the block together so we never had a chance of working together.
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 3:44:21

drunken Dodgers Official NatKat Big Brother 3 Closing Statement drunken

I'd really like to thank the jury, especially those who asked questions and/or left detailed comments.  It can be difficult going through this game, not being able explain things to people when you'd really like to, and going through all of it hoping you'll have the chance at the end.  Also, since Gaston and I worked so closely together, it's difficult for me to give an honest, objective answer about which of us should win (and really, since I'm not voting, I think my opinion on that is irrelevant, anyway), so it was nice to be able to outline a few individual moments, and get the chance to explain aspects of my game that the jurors may not have known.  Scott, Olaf, Boo, Lady Tremaine, Woody, Pocahontas, Elsa - thank you all for giving me that chance.  John Smith, Kaa, Hopper - I never really talked to you in this game, and the jury phase is probably the first time you're hearing anything about most of this, if any of you except Kaa are reading it at all. :p  I hope it's been interesting!  Mulan and Narissa - you didn't ask questions, but I hope you got enough from reading our answers to others' questions.

Whether my answers or Gaston's answers are stronger, that's up to you.  I tried to be transparent, the good and the bad, and trust that you guys can sort it out from there - my thought was the more that I could get out there (even if some of it isn't exactly what some of you maybe hoped to hear), the more informed each juror's decision will be.  Whether that information leads you to vote for me or for Gaston, that's your decision, and thank you again for letting us explain ourselves to you, and thank you for telling us your thoughts (some of which I didn't know during the game, and your questions/comments have helped clarify a couple things for me).  Through playing this game, I sort of became a fan of the game, too - while I was playing it, another part of me was kind of observing it - and I became a fan of certain players in the game, and reading your questions/comments has given me more insight.  I'm going to love reading your Diaries when the game is over.

I'd like to win, and think I played a great game - not only as a challenge threat, but also strategically, and eventually a good social game barring the very beginning.  Through all of it, I overcame being the prime target through hard work (both "physical" and strategic), and here I am.  But working closely with Gaston through most of the game, I can confidently say he played a great game, too.  I just ask all of you to read what both of us wrote, and decide from that informed perspective.  Despite us working so closely together, and both conspiring, both working as "the brain" - we both had a lot of individual moments throughout the course of the game, and I hope the answers have shown some of that.

Win or lose, I really enjoyed this game, and put in way more effort than I anticipated when I joined, and it's been a blast getting here.  I'm proud of the game I played and how well I did; even when my demise seemed imminent, I kept going, even harder than before (and a lot of the competition was tough), and managed to change the game to my advantage.  Yes, I did some sneaky, suspect things that certain people would be justified holding against me, but throughout it I've really enjoyed getting to talk to all of those I got to talked to (some, it may have been for the first time), I've enjoyed playing every challenge (especially "Once Upon a Time" - respect for that one, hosts), I've enjoyed working with and getting to know "Gaston", I enjoyed writing a song for Gretel (you'll see...).  

Something interesting about this final 2 is that we both had a hand in most of your evictions - there is no way to try to deflect and put it on someone else, pointing to a juror and saying, "it's your fault that person was evicted, not mine".  And being HOH so often, I had the final say in a lot of those decisions - I attacked and got that blood on my hands.  I'm not denying that.  But please know that any blood wasn't personal - sometimes it was a struggle reconciling personal feelings about different players with the strategic aspect of targeting them, either as a primary or secondary target, at a specific time.  But I tried to play as strong of a game as I could, while remaining loyal to my biggest ally through it all.  And I think Gaston can say the same about his game.

In conclusion ( Laughing ), thank you hosts for putting up with me; thank you jurors for taking the time and effort to read through all of this, and thank you all for a great game that was very challenging and required a lot of work on my part to navigate each round; and thank you, Gaston, for being there with me through pretty much all of it.  It's been a lot of fun playing this game, and cheers to everyone for being part of it.

PS: To make words scroll across the screen, it's just [ scroll ] text here [ / scroll ], without the spaces.

sunny I STILL LOVE YOU, GRETEL  sunny
Back to top Go down
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 8:02:57

Gaston wrote:
Kaa hello! I'm interested in figuring out who you are. Unfortunately we were on the block together so we never had a chance of working together.

I left way too soon in this game, but it is OK. These mystery games should be fun and usually there are only a few characters who play, not only to win, but to have a good time with it all. I did consider that it was risky to be a snake in this game, but I am not one to be afraid of taking risks. Playing it safe is boring.
Back to top Go down
Lady Tremaine

Lady Tremaine

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 8:34:21

I voted Ms Emma, so now I know my vote will count, laughing out loud!

Good luck to both finalists, you two did fantastic in this FTC!
Back to top Go down
Gaston

Gaston

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 10:04:11

Sorry for the delay everyone. Thank you Dodger, and everyone for your patience.

I assume that at this point, I am suppose to pull something out of a hat... Something magical... Say something that makes the people who are not voting for me go.... I changed my mind! I'm gonna vote for this guy! Well y'all... Let's see haha. I will say that I played this game with my heart and I played this game with my mind. I played with my heart and I mean that with every fiber of my being. Every personal relationship I’ve established with you all I meant, but I played this game more so with my mind. Every day I would think to myself what can I do so that myself and Dodger can make it to the end, and I established that. I was subtle, I wasn’t loud, I was never the center of any attention, and I concealed my allegiances fairly well. Like a sniper I would strike before I was seen.

Being that this is a mystery game, I will say I definitely took advantage of the mystery aspect. I left my emotions at the door and played purely strategically. I lied and held back so much of the truth to all of you (big or small) in some way... (With the exception of Dodger) to get me here. For me, you were all pretty much faceless identities in a big brother game, so I hope the Mulan's, the Elsa's, the Lady's, the Scott's, the Queen's, the Boo's, the Pocahontas', and the Olaf's, did not take anything I did personally. I had no clue for sure who any of you were, and I just did what I had to do to get myself and my partner to this point.

I put my complete faith in 1 person this game, which was scary... and no matter what happens at the end of it, I'm glad to know that he did the same in me. It isn't easy finding someone you trust. Once you do, however, that's half the battle. We worked so well together, and planned a lot together. For that I am grateful.

It's possible that I may have not taken advantage of this whole jury process as much as I could have, but at this point, all of the jurors know what I have done in this game more or less. It's unfortunate I did not have the chance to talk with all of you, but lesson learned... And I hope some of you can see past that.

I placed myself in the middle of the house, tried my very best to get rid of individuals before they attacked myself or my partner, and won a few comps along the way. There was so much thought put into this game, and I can only hope you all recognize even a percentage of it. You all either appreciate it as jury members or you can't stand me for it. I played hard, and I'm proud of my game.

If you have taken the time to read some of my responses, I more than appreciate it. The game is pretty much done now and all I can ask is that if you haven't voted yet...vote for the person you think played the best game. Whether that was for Dodger or myself. Vote for the person who you think put in the most effort. Vote for the person who turned your game completely upside down.

Thank you to the jury members who waited and for took the time to read this, thank you once again to the hosts and little helpers, and good luck to my my partner, Dodger. In one way or another, both of us have already won.

Kaa... I wondered if the snake was intentional or not.
Back to top Go down
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:19:51

Who loves Gretel? If I have competition, I want to know who I am dealing with!
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:20:36

Pretty much everyone
Back to top Go down
https://natkatbb3.forumotion.com
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:22:25

People are even scared of cartoon snakes like me. I am smiling and I have a greeting in a bubble. Why was everyone so scared. I am the kind of character you all should have kept around. Oh well, C'est La Vie!
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:22:37

Also, great job to the finalists! One of you was my pick to win before the game started. A quarter of the way through, I predicted this final 2. Definitely the two most deserving in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kaa

Kaa

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:23:30

Neal Cassidy wrote:
Pretty much everyone
She's mine all mine...
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 12:26:50

I'll fight you, bro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final 2 - The Duel   Final 2 - The Duel - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final 2 - The Duel
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next