NatKat Big Brother Season 3

Prepare to be Enchanted

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dodger

PostSubject: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Mon 20 Jun - 19:59:27

Arrogant as hell, because I'm rolling my eyes like crazy right now.

Alright, so this is McLovin' ridiculous.  Everyone signed up to play this game.  Being part of the jury is part of playing.  And with everyone being part of the jury, literally everyone is still in the game, still has a role.  Our respect to them is knowing that whatever we do to make it to the final 2, we'll have to account for, justify, explain - and in some cases sincerely apologize.  Their role, while having the power to decide the outcome of this game and determine what matters to them in who they vote for (which can very fairly by each individual), is to take the interest themselves, and show the respect to us to ask us questions, and give us that chance.  If this were a legal jury, in a court, and they walked into the courtroom like, "yep, I already know all I need to know", whether to the advantage or disadvantage of the accused, it wouldn't be a fair trial.  THIS IS PART OF THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME, and they're like, "lol, whatever".  Ridiculous, and highly disrespectful that they expect us to show them that consideration (which I think both Gaston and I gladly would) without showing us that in return.  

To the people on the jury reading this after the forum is opened... while I surely adore many of you, you're acting like brats - Gaston and I put a lot of effort into this game.  The least you could've done was shown interest IN A GAME YOU SIGNED UP FOR and performed your role.  Some things we'd like to explain, some things we'd like to apologize for; we'd like the chance to explain our game both our sakes and for your sake so you can make an informed decision.  In some cases, I think people should vote for me, and I'm sure Gaston thinks people should vote for him; in other cases, I think individuals should vote Gaston instead of me... and Gaston very well may feel the same.  But we haven't gotten the chance to explain any of that because very few of you (2, so fair) will even ask McLovin' questions.  A big part of this game is deception, but "knowing" you're be able to explain how that strengthened your game in the end... and sometimes, knowing you'll be able to apologize for things you regret, admit your mistakes, and hope the person understands, whether or not they vote for you.  But again, we haven't gotten the chance to really do that.  So, what I'd LIKE to say to each jury member.

I'm excluding Olaf, Scott Calvin, and Lady Tremaine, because they either did ask questions or leave detailed comments, giving us the chance to explain moments in the game.  Thank you all very much.  I truly appreciate it, thank you - sincerely - for showing that interest and giving us the chance to explain ourselves.  Whoever you end up voting for... I trust your judgment, and I trust your decision will reflect thought and consideration, and we truly can't ask for more than that.  Thank you, Olaf, Scott, and Lady! <3  A more specific take on Scott's question here:

John Smith - We never talked, so I have no idea.  I'm sorry.

Kaa - Sam as John Smith.  I did like your avatar, though.

Hopper - I never talked to you, but I assume Gaston did.  Based on that alone, I think it would be fair for you to vote for him.  GASTON

Boo - You did leave a decent comment, and I thank you for that.  However, your comment was truly an assertion, and you have to know it was an unfair one.  We truly did not talk except early in the game.  You say you told Woody about a supposed alliance.  Maybe that's true - I really don't know, as that seems to be all over the place.  But you did not talk to me about it.  Even when I won HOH, you never PM'd me to mention it to me.  Clearly you talked to Woody and Mulan, so you surely could have talked to me about it, rather than leaving me in the dark about an alliance I was supposed to be part of, then holding me accountable for that when I heard nothing about it until I was choosing who to nominate - and still did not hear anything about you.  No, Woody didn't tell me about it - but neither did you, nor did Mulan until the last minute.  I did my best to rush and try to figure that out, in the process of rushing to get my nominations ready.  You knowing full well we hadn't talked in a couple rounds, and that you certainly had never mentioned this alliance to me... perhaps *ask* me about it?  Regardless, you and I did talk a little early in the game, and while it was perhaps to your disadvantage, it was *me* who put the target on Mulan, and who caused your alliance to lose footing, after investigating and realizing something didn't add up.  I think you should vote for me. DODGER

Woody - Honestly, in this case, I was a times torn with you, but it was never my goal to turn on you.  Maybe we would've truly worked together, maybe we wouldn't have.  I would've loved the chance to fully explain this to you, even if you'd be upset about it, because in the early stage of this game, I truly valued you as a player.  I found out what was going on leading to your eviction, and I did do my best to save you, without putting myself in danger.  And it was me who flipped the target to the people who worked to evict you.  Yes, I was also part of the reason you were their secondary target.  I truly wished I could have explained everything to you when I knew you were leaving, the good and the bad, because I valued you in this game.  I think you'll vote for me, and I think you should... but I would've liked you to know the full story so you could make a more informed decision (while I think you should vote for me, I think you should consider Gaston's social game, especially how he balanced Mulan/Pocahontas and me, and how that factored into your eviction).  I think you should vote for me, but with only a slight edge over Gaston.  DODGER

Lady Tremaine (caveat here) - I'm sure if you read my diaries from the time, you'll see I truly wasn't targeting you.  I took a stab in the dark, and it paid off.  I may not have found the "Spice Girls" Boo had mentioned, but I managed to find another - more secretive - alliance.  Your eviction - me nominating you, being fishing for information with every risky tactic I could think of - changed the game for Gaston and I, and changed it to our favor.  Without me doing that, it's unlikely either of us would be final 2 - and if we were, it would be *purely* down to challenge wins, not strategy.  It was my initial strategy, which nominating you was part of, that gave both Gaston and I a *strategic* chance in this game.  Furthermore, I showed you the respect to be at least somewhat honest with you, and explained why I nominated you (if not every variable that went into me deciding that).  I think you should vote for me... alas, I didn't want to be that bold in my answer to you, but trust you'll see that.  However, even if you vote Gaston, I trust your judgment, and thank you for your comments.

Pocahontas - It's no secret that I kind of hid from you.  I knew you were targeting me, and I very much deferred to Gaston, while I stayed out of the way to make sure you couldn't flip it on me.  It's not that I didn't like you, but I knew you were targeting me, and it was dangerous territory.  What I said about Lady Tremaine somewhat applies to you... I trumped you.  It was my strategic move that changed the game, and made hiding from you viable.  However, Gaston really did most of our "work", when it comes to your involvement in the game.  Me trying to get too involved could have easily backfired, so Gaston really had to work overtime.  And he did an amazing job.  And it truly was a lapse in my social game to do that (however, me sacrificing that aspect of my social game helped my strategic game).  In my humble opinion, you should vote for Gaston.  GASTON

Elsa - What I don't think you realize, and I wish you did, is how much I tried to balance and protect you in this game.  I was selling how awesome you are to Mulan and Gaston at the same time.  Yes, Gaston was nominated twice and he overcame it... but he was nominate because of inactivity - he was never anyone's target - and overcome that simply by being active.  I, however, was active throughout, and overcame *actually* being a target for my activity, just as successfully as Gaston did.  And while working to pull through despite being a target, and making myself an even bigger target to buffer Gaston, I also worked hard to keep you in the game, and make sure people saw you as valuable.  Specifically you - for no real reason other than that I liked you.  Gaston wouldn't have flinched if you were evicted earlier, and you very well may have been if not for my work to make sure people saw you as a necessary part of the piece to every puzzle.  So not only did I overcome being the biggest target in the game, and form the "attack" that strategically changed the game (certainly way more than being a "fun ally", but I also stayed loyal to you - despite you not being my biggest ally - throughout it all, and actively worked to keep you safe.  I loved talking to you in this game, and thank you for talking to me - truly.  I wish I could have shared specific examples to *suggest* all that to you - I wish you had showed the interest to ask.  Honestly, while most of the jurors not asking questions (to both Gaston and me) just annoyed me, you not asking actually "hurts my feelings" (I mean, if I had feelings).  For how hard I tried to show that you, and root for you even when we were secretly at odds, and sincerely compliment you in the answers I was able to give - the fact that you're comment to me was, "but you were a fun ally", actually makes me feel unappreciated in some ridiculous way.  You being angry that I voted to evict you - I'd accept that, and I'd apologize for it, and I'd say it was the most difficult vote for me in this entire game... but I'd own it, and understand if you're upset.  Whatever.  I think you should vote for me.  DODGER

Mulan - Once I started talking to you, I truly came to like you.  I would love to work with you in another game... it would be an honor.  However, for all we did talk, I was always guarding what I said, trying to give Gaston an advantage with you.  Because that's what we, as an alliance/duo/team, needed.  That was my role.  However, Gaston invested so much more in your game than I did.  Gaston had the courage to finally truly target you despite that, putting himself on the line in a strategic decision.  I knew I was your target, and was reasonable certain I could wiggle through.  But when it comes to Gaston and I putting ourselves at risk at different points in the game... Gaston put himself in the greatest risk with you.  And he was brilliant.  And he did while, from what I understand, maintaining a sincere relationship with you throughout the game.  Hats off to him for that - I certainly couldn't have pulled that off.  Like Pocahontas, with you I deferred to Gaston... he was the brains when it came to balancing all of that with you.  You should definitely vote for Gaston, imo. GASTON

Queen Narissa - You're amazing.  If you are Misty, it makes perfect sense.  If I had an inkling you were Misty early in the game, I would've jumped at the chance to work with you.  In some ways, what I said about Lady Tremaine applies to you... I may not have gotten "the Spice Girls", but I did catch something bigger.  And strategically, I think that counts for a lot.  BUT... I truly think you were Gaston's real #2 throughout the game, and he protected you - as long as he could - in a way similar to how I protected Elsa.  Even if you weren't truly working together, he had your back throughout, and did an amazing job balancing that.  If you're Misty, I'd be so proud of my game, and feel so validated, if you were to vote for me.  Your opinions means more to me than most anyone else on the Games board.  However, for the purpose of how Gaston and I, and our games, relate to your game specifically, and how that relates to the game as a whole... I truly think you should vote for Gaston.  He deserves your vote, which - I think to both of us - is one of the most significant votes of the game.  GASTON

I wish people had asked questions.  But, in my opinion, that's who everyone should vote for... 4 for Gaston, 3 for me, 2 unknown, and 3 who were lovely and actually asked questions (or made detailed comments) and I'm happy with whatever they do - though one REALLY should vote for me.

I'm considering posting something similar for my closing speech, though I know it would be suicide.  But I don't even care at this point... Seriously, they can't even ask McLovin' questions?  Ugh.  We'll see how annoyed I am, and how few fucks I give, when it's time.  This whole jury stage is ridiculous. They seriously shouldn't even be allowed to vote if they don't ask questions (much like a penalty - when you don't vote, you can't play for HOH).
Back to top Go down
Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Mon 20 Jun - 20:08:48

OMG YOU MADE IT!!!!!!! SO PROUD <3333
Back to top Go down
Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Mon 20 Jun - 20:10:49

Hi, Gretmel! <3 <3 <3 I missed you! Hope your game is going well.

lol @ you popping in for my private rage moment, though. <3
Back to top Go down
Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Mon 20 Jun - 20:25:35

Sorry I just became aware that this game was in the final 2 so I popped over.

And <3333 I missed you too!
Back to top Go down
Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Mon 20 Jun - 20:35:42

Ha! No worries. It's actually been a really fun game, until the jury stage. I think Gaston and I are both starting to hate them.
Back to top Go down
Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   Tue 21 Jun - 23:32:44

Funny enough, from that one post, I no longer think Elsa is Emer. [none]

It seems people came through... maybe after the 72 hour deadline, and they wouldn't have if that deadline weren't extended, but...

Scott, Olaf, Lady, Woody, Pocahontas, Elsa - thank you all. That's half the jury right there, so I really appreciate it. Boo... honorary mention, because at least you said something, so... thank you. Looks like my initial rage was too soon. John Smith, Kaa, and Hopper - well, they were evicted so early, I kind of get it. Still kind of disappointed in Mulan, and really disappointed in Narissa. But overall, it turned out well. I wish Elsa had asked Gaston a question, but again... overall, it's cool. /I'm a snob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT   

Back to top Go down

Tomdog Murrdger's JURY ASSESSMENT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1