NatKat Big Brother Season 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NatKat Big Brother Season 3

Prepare to be Enchanted

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview With Dodger!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

Interview With Dodger! Empty
PostSubject: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 12:44:28

Interview With Dodger! Tumblr12

WELCOME, everyone to Interviews with a Neal. I must have forgotten to give this little thing a creative title, so we're just calling it an interview. I am here with the star of that movie I saw when I was 4, but forgotten all about until this game, it's Dodger!

Now, Dodger, before we really dive into it, let's just start it easy with a little small talk. I ask this to everyone. How do you like the game so far?
Back to top Go down
https://natkatbb3.forumotion.com
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 13:02:38

Ha, it's a back and forth? I thought it would just be questions.

I'm enjoying it so far, a lot more than I thought I would. I realize I like mystery games - and separate forum games in general - a lot more than public games on IMDb. Pretty much the entire cast is active and means business, which makes it interest. Plus, I get to see cool Dodger pictures/gifs every time you hosts mention me (glad I didn't choose Silver Hoof, Kathy?).
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 13:28:41

Of course it's a back and forth! Otherwise it'd just be a survey and nobody wants to read a survey. Plus, this way I can react to what you say and lead you towards the hard questions so if you don't want to answer, you can't just leave during the middle of an interview because it'd be rude and abrupt! Not that you'd do that anyway.

Now, I won't get into how many mystery games you've played as to keep your identity a secret, but I agree. Mystery games are by far my favorite. If I wasn't retired, I would play in every mystery game. We're glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

I couldn't help but notice your character choice. People have played as animals in this series before, but I believe this is the first time we've ever had a dog. Was there any strategy behind choosing Dodger as a character? I always choose heroic and likable characters in mystery games because I found that people are more likely to trust them. You can't get more trustworthy than a dog and I'm sure anyone who evicts a dog would be looked at very poorly from our Internet audience.

Unless you just liked the character. That is also an acceptable answer.
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 14:24:48

My first choice was actually Silver Hoof, a Russian fairytale about goat or sometimes a deer (varied with retellings). That one was very intentional (I mean, a goat... in a strategy game). In the story, a father takes his daughter hunting, and they're successful, but always after this mythical goat. In the end, the goat disappears but leaves behind a cache of jewels. In more modern retellings, they have a cat who communicates with the goat/deer, presumably to aid the little girl and her father (more or less stop this obsession, but have the money to lead a good life). The cat also disappears, probably crossing over into the otherworld himself. The jewels are a representation of the goat leaving this world (I forget the gems chosen in the story, but they're supposed to represent the spirit world), while telling the father (and the girl he's leading into this ridiculous pursuit), "stop being Gretels and live your life".

I liked the parallel of that for the game, and any subconscious associations people may have with it. Except I knew no one would get it, and if they did get it, the whole goat thing would seem too obvious. Also, you guys would've had a Gretel of a time finding different images for it if I end up staying in the game a while.

I wanted to choose White Fang, but I've already expressed my love of him/that movie too many times on IMDb (that combined with me inevitably typing as myself at some point would be a dead giveaway... I kind of want people to suspect Dodger is me, but I don't want them to know for certain, so I'm trying to balance that, and White Fang would be too obvious). I think I threw in Jack Conroy as my second choice, as a nod to that. But Dodger was my first choice (after Silver Hoof, which I later decided against). Dodger tells tall-tales, he's kind of a prick at times, but ultimately he is a heroic figure to Oliver and all the others. I figured if anyone subconsciously made an association between Dodger and me as a player, it would pad me a bit. Dodger lies, steals, manipulates (based on the Artful Dodger a la Dickens)... but in the end he has a heart o' gold and is a hero of the story. Also I just like the character but hadn't thought of him in a while. And yes, I wanted to choose a dog - but moreso because the whole "Tomcat" thing. I wondered if anyone would notice the inversion there (and I love dogs).

My other choice was Lambert (from Lambert, the Sheepish Lion), which also had a desired association... I could float through and cower, but when the protective streak rises, knock the attacker off a cliff. Again though, not the most well-known character, and wasn't sure anyone would have any association with it.

So yeah, there was something intentional behind the character choice. How effective that really is... no clue. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gretel

Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 14:41:37

This interview is way too long rofl

*Tuning out*
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 15:25:06

Nonsense! Dodger is providing us with rich insight that I'm sure our audience appreciates!

*production crew applauses*

Now, fans are dying to know. Einstein fought the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. How do you feel it has influenced contemporary physics?
Back to top Go down
Gretel

Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 17:46:15

LOL
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 21:30:29

Gretel, you're just mad I called you a Gretel.

(my feelings... they're hurt...)

And how do I feel the Copenhagen Interpretation has influenced quantum physics, or how do I feel Einstein's opposition to it has influenced quantum physics? It's funny in that Einstein was kind of instrumental in the development of the Copenhagen Intepretation (or, his work was an influence for it, and theories regarding wave-particle duality, etc...). But Einstein favored determinism and something more definitive (if unknown). The Copenhagen Interpretation seems like a way for quantum physicists to be "right" regardless, as a way for quantum physics to almost consciously replace any concepts outside of it, without itself needing to be complete. How has it influenced quantum physics? It's probably the dominant approach to contemporary quantum physics. idk. I guess? Eh.

Was that concise enough for your highness? (lolz, jk) Next question?
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 29 May - 23:12:48

Why yes! I do believe this is an acceptable answer!

Moving on. You seem to be coming very close to winning veto in the first two game weeks and recently posted over 1,000 times to finally get it. What's your reasoning for competing so hard for the Power of Veto every round?
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeMon 30 May - 1:34:05

Eh. If there's a challenge I'm gonna compete, short of some unpleasant reason I can't be home (emergency, natural disaster, friends). Challenges are usually my favorite part of games, depending on the challenges. They're like a game within a game, a microcosm of the game itself. And they're just fun, like board games as a kid (as an adult, no one every wants to play Monopoly anymore, so I joined the Games board).

Why POV rather than HOH? Because with the HOH, you need to nominate people... someone you nominate is evicted, and the other person is still in the game, pissed at you and gunning for you. I haven't been in a comfortable enough social position to be HOH and risk that. With POV, people aren't messaging you to not nominate them as they do when you're HOH (asking a negative, really), but approach you to save them (asking a positive). It's a better association, I think. Winning POV, in most cases, let's me be helpful and build from there (usually... in theory). Winning POV also keeps me safe without needing to nominate anyone (along with just maybe saving someone).
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeMon 30 May - 14:27:15

Very good reasoning! That is all the questions I have for you at this time. However, this interview ends only once you are evicted. I will be back with more once the game progresses!
Back to top Go down
Gretel

Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 14:27:06

Very lovely answer TCM. I'm sorry you needed to summon me here. But I am still invested in your success =]
Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 22:43:36

We are back LIVE with Dodger Dog. Quite an interesting series of events have transpired since we've last talked. Understandably, you nominated the two people who you've had the least amount of contact with. What were you thinking when Elsa used the power of veto on Mulan?

And what do you think about Scott's exit tirade?
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 23:38:57

It didn't bother me. I knew Elsa would use it on whoever talked to her/asked her to use it. Doesn't take expert knowledge of unified field theory to figure that out. It actually helps, because it gives me ground for apologizing to Mulan. Elsa likes Mulan. Whether or not Mulan likes Elsa... no clue. But if I can paint Elsa as a big supporter of hers, through hinting that I talk to Elsa, it gives a buffer. Mulan went off on me via PM, btw. But I think I cleared that up well enough. I originally wanted to nominate Scott (buffer for Gaston), but he PM'd me, and I didn't want to risk him being the one to PM Elsa/Elsa saving him... after I pretended I wasn't nominating him. Had to be a clean shot.

Ha! Was he serious or joking? He had to be joking by the time he returned for round 2, at least. It didn't bother me at all. He's out the game pre-jury... makes no difference. I'm more worried about it being a unanimous vote (which I had nothing to do with), and whether or not that will come to reflect on me.

Back to top Go down
Neal Cassidy
Admin
Neal Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun - 1:16:25

And just like that, you're in trouble again this week! This game sure moves quickly. One week you're Head of Household, the next you're safe with Elsa as the HOH, then you're on the block. Thankfully, Gaston saved you with the power of veto. It just goes to show that anything can happen from day to day here in the NatKat house.

Let's say the Cloverfield movies never existed and in this alternate reality, you became the HOH. You've told people that you wouldn't have nominated Mulan. So who would you have nominated? How would this week have gone if you were in power?
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun - 1:34:08

I'm actually glad I didn't get HOH. It was rocky for a bit, but it worked out surprisingly well. Solidified me with Elsa (she definitely knows who I am, I have no doubt about that) and Gaston, got me some perhaps rocky info on Lady Tremaine, I know Pocahontas is actively targeting me... Mulan and I should be more or less even now, but I don't know how reliable that information considering how I got it. I made Elsa seem like Mulan's biggest fan so Mulan would be stupid to nominate her. Honestly, this worked out beautifully. btw, a note on Pocahontas... she keeps Shipoopi that we rarely talk, but I say so much more than her. It's become a game for me - I purposely say a lot, just to see whether she responds with one or two lines of text.

I would've nominated Olaf (sorry, Olaf... *warm hug*, brah) to buffer Elsa. Beyond that, I really don't know. I'm starting to question whether it's Woody or Narissa who is the "word Gretmel doesn't like". One is trying to act like the other, though. I think? At least with me... funny enough, other peoples' impressions have been a little different. I really don't know. That was the dilemma. I wasn't going to nominate Mulan (truly), because it would upset Elsa. I don't quite trust that Mulan and I are really squared away, but I don't want to take an ally away from Elsa (though I don't think Mulan actually cares that much about her, hence me selling Elsa as being her biggest fan... especially after Elsa talked to Mulan trying to keep me off the block).
Back to top Go down
Gretel

Gretel

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun - 13:27:13

Hi Dodger Wink
Back to top Go down
Dodger

Dodger

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun - 19:44:36

Hey, Meluhknee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Dodger!   Interview With Dodger! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview With Dodger!
Page 1 of 1